Tocvan Ventures (TOC.C) has provided an update on exploration taking place at its Pilar gold-silver project in Suaqui Grande, in the Sonora region, Mexico, providing an update on completed work which includes detailed mapping and sampling of key targets across the project area.
The key findings in the Main zone extension and 4 Trench were:
Main zone extension:
- 800-metre southeast extension of the Main zone:
- Historic drill hole JES-18-03: 13.5 metres at 5.6 g/t Au and 22 g/t Ag;
- 800 metres of anomalous soils with values ranging from 106 parts per billion to 911 ppb Au;
- Rock grab samples including 9.3 g/t Au and 76 g/t Ag.
- 600-metre trend that includes the 4 Trench zone highlighted by:
- Historic drill hole K-16: 7.5 m at 3.3 g/t Au and 31 g/t Ag;
- 600 metres of anomalous soils with values ranging from 118 ppb to 2,030 ppb Au;
- Rock grab samples including 24 g/t Au and 116 g/t Ag;
- Network of historic artisanal workings over a 350-metre strike.
“We are very pleased with how rapidly our geologists are able to cover the area at Pilar,” stated vice-president, exploration, Brodie Sutherland. “Historic drilling and mapping focused on the Main zone; our geologists are now mapping and sampling beyond the Main zone to help define our next drill targets. Among other targets, the 4 Trench trend shows great potential with historic adits and shafts extending for over 350 metres, this is further backed by a trend of anomalous soils and rock samples that include 24 grams per tonne gold and 172 g/t silver. The overall trend continues to the southeast for 1,200 metres and to date has only been evaluated with reconnaissance soil and rock sampling.”
Tocvan’s aim is to advance key targets to drill-ready status for a phase 2 drill program. 150 rock samples have been collected to date from 60% of the property, and they will continue their work for 2 weeks before the final planning for the next phase of drilling. Tocvan has drilled over 17,700 m and hopes these findings will help them where on the property they will be best for future drilling.
“The potential to expand the area of known mineralization along strike and at depth at Pilar is excellent, and we are excited to continue to advance the project,” remarked VP Sutherland.
The stock price is at $0.68 after opening at $0.70.
Full disclosure: Tocvan Venture is an Equity.Guru marketing client.