The latest addition to Quadron’s family of extractors is capable of processing over 5 million kgs of biomass, either hemp or cannabis, annually.
You might be thinking to yourself, ‘well, is that a lot?’ The short answer is yes. The long answer is yes. It’s a beast, but you probably already guessed that.
Below is a screenshot from an Eden Labs ethanol extractor for comparison. It’s a rough one, but this extractor is an industrial setup just like Quadron’s.
Unlike Quadron’s unit, Eden Labs’ extractor can only process 700,000 pounds of biomass annually, and that’s running 24/7.
But that’s small-time. Let’s step it up and take a look at a real setup, the kind even Heisenberg could be proud of.
Here is an entire extraction plant from Precision Extraction Solutions, and here’s what the company blurb about this system says:
The KPD Series are continuous feed extraction plants specifically tailored for hemp and cannabis input to process THC and CBD distillate – the solution for mega producers needing to meet large processing needs.
With the capacity to process 125 lbs of biomass per hour, that translates to 1,095,000 lbs of biomass annually. And that’s in pounds.
There’s just no comparison. One company, ExtraktLAB, did offer a one-ton-per-day extraction system, but that amount upon closer examination was attained by daisy-chaining six of their units together.
Some Key BIG BEAST Advantages:
- Compliant with GPP (Good Production Practices) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- Advanced proprietary biomass cooling with ERS (Energy Recovery Exchange)
- Continuous flow extraction with inline solvent recovery and surge storage
- Equipped with proprietary “Crossflow” ethanol maximizer to operate within daily NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) ethanol limits
- Advanced filtration stacks
“We are excited about the development of the BIG BEAST, the first of its kind in North America. The BIG BEAST is a high efficiency ethanol extraction system which represents the end result of extensive research and development.”
–Rosy Mondin, CEO of Quadron Cannatech
Quadron has been on fire as of late: the company has been unveiling new systems in quick succession, but the real kicker is its merger with World Class Extractions (PUMP.C).
The merger is a timely one, especially given the growing demand for cannabis extracts.
“Cannabis oil consumption is estimated to grow 100X times faster than dried marijuana consumption,” stated Mondin, “Many cannabis growers do not have the equipment or expertise to deliver a highly consistent, branded, end product to their customers leaving a critical void in the market which Quadron aims to capture.”
- Quadron and PUMP’s merger is sure to deliver a corporate entity which is sleeker and better positioned to fill that void;
- The BIG BEAST will enter into production in the latter half of 2019.
What a time to be alive.
Full disclosure: Quadron Cannatech is an Equity.Guru marketing client.