PAT has developed the award-winning “PATSCAN covert weapon detection system” which detects concealed weapons from parking lots to buildings.
If PAT graduates to the TSX what – if anything – does it mean for the company and PAT shareholders?
Benefits of the TSX vs. TSX.V
- Increased access to capital
- Enhanced reputation
- Greater visibility
- Increased analyst coverage (TSXV graduates listed on TSX are covered by an average of five analysts)
- Access to institutional capital (institutional investors have invested $15 Billion in TSXV graduates).
- Enhanced liquidity on world markets (40% of TSX trading is originated by international Investment Dealers)
- Improved M&A opportunities
- Eligibility to participate the majority of indices and composites
Downside of the TSX vs. TSX.V
Higher annual fees
Increased disclosure requirements
Companies with an internationally-resonating message have most to gain from graduation to the TSX.
With an Amnesty International Report calling “gun violence in the United States a human rights crisis” (40,000 Americans shot dead every year) there is a tendency to think of PAT’s technology as a solution custom-made for America.
Over the last year PAT has expanded its focus from “stopping U.S. shooters” to protection of family dwellings, A.I. driven video surveillance, bio hazards and government partnerships.
PAT is exploring expanding their technology application to provide weapons detection protection for private home owners.
PAT’s “family concept” explodes the market for their technology from commercial – to retail.
On January 29, 2019 PAT announced a Joint Venture (JV) to commercialize a technology for the “detection of explosives and other threats” such as chemical and biological agents as well as illicit narcotics.
The JV (Sotech Secure) – is a partnership between Patriot One and Nano-Bio Detection Systems – a Wyoming company that has developed airborne molecule-detection technology with the University of Texas.
The Nano-Bio technology is designed to remotely detect explosive compounds and related substances vital to threat detection.
- Ability to function covertly
- Non-invasive deployments employing IoT enabled hardware.
- Can operate as a stand-alone solution
- Ability to integrate with PAT’s weapons-detection systems.
- Mass casualty threat detection capability
- Military and civilian applications.
- Can detect airborne trace chemicals with a parts-per-trillion sensitivity
- Targets explosives, chemical warfare agents, volatile organics, nerve agents and narcotics.
- Robust, scalable sensor array amenable to mass-production.
- Multiple pending patents
Last year, there were 337 Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) blasts in India, 221 IED blasts in Iraq, 161 IED blasts in Pakistan and 132 IED blasts in Afghanistan.
This year, the market approves of PAT’s expanded ambitions.
Final approval of the TSX listing is subject to various conditions which PAT “intends to fulfill in the coming weeks.”
Upon listing on the TSX, PAT’s shares and warrants will continue to trade under the symbols “PAT”, “PAT.WT”, “PAT.WT.A”, “PAT.WT.B” and “PAT.WT.C”.
- The close of a $46M CAD bought deal from Canaccord Genuity and GMP.
- Completed the strategic acquisition of EhEye, video analytics and object recognition technology.
- University Of North Dakota’s Centre of Excellence in Threat Detection invested USD$100,000 for trial deployment of PATSCAN systems in four separate facilities across campus.
- Patriot One joined Cisco’s sales team in presenting PATSCAN solutions to key clients.
- Met with members of Congress, the Department of Homeland Security, Secret Service and Pentagon officials – also met with the ACLU to discuss PATSCAN deployment in a civil liberties and privacy context.
- Recently, ABC affiliate KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas, did a feature news piece on PAT’s weapons-detection technology.
“Since our launch on the TSX-V in November 2016, we’ve had several major successes that have contributed to this graduation,” stated Martin Cronin, CEO & President of Patriot One, “including the expansion of our PATSCAN threat detection solutions, acquisitions and joint ventures, large corporate partnerships, and the initial rollout of paid client pilots with our threat detection solutions.”
Full Disclosure: Patriot One is an Equity Guru marketing client, and we own the stock.Disclaimer: ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH and consult with a licensed investment professional before making an investment. This communication should not be used as a basis for making any investment.
Latest posts by Lukas Kane (see all)
- Why did Canopy (WEED.T) Aurora (ACB.T) and Aphria (APHA.T) gain $10 million per minute today? - November 21, 2019
- Q&A: Good Questions from 5 of Equity Guru’s 50,000 monthly readers - November 20, 2019
- 16 million U.S. workers will die before their debts are paid off - November 15, 2019