Quadron Cannatech provides equipment, products and service solutions to the cannabis industry. Their list of products and services span from the extraction and processing of raw cannabis to end user sales of vape pens for both medical and recreational consumers.
Quadron enjoyed just under $1 million in sales revenue in Q2 courtesy of their two subsidiaries Soma Labs, which handles concentrates, and Cybernetics Control Systems, which handles their hardware.
The CBD Science Processing brings self-contained portable extraction and processing facility includes turnkey components from Quadron’s portfolio of machines, including the BOSS next generation CO2 cannabis extraction system, a biomass preparation unit, various filtration components and additional equipment giving CBD Science the ability to process up to 2,000 kilometers of biomass per month.
“We are excited to announce this agreement supporting a BC-based company in bringing high-quality cannabis concentrates and derivative products to the Canadian marketplace. Cannabis concentrates are the fastest growing sector of the industry. We’ve been working diligently to establish relationships with key partners and clients to strategically position Quadron as the leading provider of extraction and processing solutions as the industry prepares for the legalization and regulation of cannabis concentrates and edibles in Canada in 2019. We have the key personnel in place, along with innovative technology to mark 2019 as a key growth year for Quadron,” said Rosy Mondin, CEO of Quadron.
This comes directly after Quadron’s recent unveiling of the BEAST, a completely automated, touch-screen operated, continuous flow ethanol extractor.
The BEAST offers:
- 3,000-litre biomass feed hopper;
- Nitrogen biomass cooling with ERS (energy recovery exchange);
- Continuous flow extraction with inline solvent recovery and surge storage;
- Equipped with proprietary Crossflow ethanol maximizer to operate within daily NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) ethanol limits;
- Advance filtration stacks;
- The Beast is designed with safety in mind, with safe ethanol requirements including an intrinsically designed sensory system;
- It will also be compliant with GPP (Good Production Practices) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice).
“Quadron has not only impressed our engineers with the technical capability of the BOSS system, but also our management team with their business savvy aptitude and cooperation; specifically, in supporting our global expansion into the International Cannabis industry,” stated Chand Jagpal, Director, CBD Science Group.
Here are some of the advantages of the BOSS system:
- Automated system with remote monitoring and control features.
- Software collects, stores, and analyzes data for research and development.
- Programmable cycles – maximizing extraction and separation efficiency.
- Plug and play self-contained system with no external setup required.
- Simplified assembly with only two pieces of equipment to set-up, two plugs and four hoses to connect.
- Integrated heat exchanger with proprietary advanced thermodynamics.
- High precision operating parameters for accurate performance.
- Ability to collect extract during runtime.
Coming hot on the heels of the agreement with CBD Science Processing is that Quadron reported today that Rosy Mondin, CEO of Quadron Cannatech, has been awarded the first ever “woman in weed – trailblazer” award at the fifth annual Canadian Cannabis Awards. This is the same Rosy Mondin that Equity Guru’s own Chris Parry called “the Energizer Lawyer, because she truly never stops moving.”
“We are honored that Rosy is being recognized for her efforts and dedication towards working with cannabis industry participants and regulatory bodies. Rosy has helped shape the legal Canadian cannabis industry and will continue to be instrumental in the long-term success of Quadron,” said Leo Chamberland, president of Quadron.
Called the CCA’s for short, the winners of the Canadian cannabis awards were attended by close to 600 industry leaders at the historic Carlu in downtown Toronto. The CCAs are known for recognizing excellence in Canada’s cannabis industry, and this year’s awards season is the first for a federally regulated cannabis market. The CCA winners represent their products, companies and leaders that have helped move and grow the cannabis industry in Canada in 2018.
Full Disclosure: Quadron Cannatech is an Equity Guru marketing client.