Khiron Life Sciences
TSXV: KHRN | FWB: 4KHGF
Khiron Life Sciences – TSXV: KHRN | FWB: 4KHGF
Highlights of their most recent developments are:
- On June 19, 2019, Khiron completed the acquisition of NettaGrowth International and its wholly-owned subsidiary Dormul S.A., providing the Company with an additional 120 tonnes of licensed production capacity and entry into the Uruguay market.
- On August 6, 2019, Khiron and Dixie Brands received conditional approval from the TSX.V for the distribution and sale of Kuida cosmeceutical products in the U.S. Dixie aims to distribute Khiron’s portfolio of Kuida cosmeceutical products throughout the U.S. in early 2020, while also targeting a LatAm commercialization of Dixie CBD-infused products for the first half of 2020.
- Khiron’s subsidiary in Peru has received authorization to register as a pharmacy by the Ministry of Health of Peru, a crucial step to obtaining import and commercialization licenses for medical cannabis products, once all final regulatory approvals in Peru are finalized.
- Khiron’s distribution channels for Kuida were expanded substantially and sales of the products are on the rise: As of August 2019, the Company has signed distribution agreements for at least 190 stores across various retailers in Colombia.
- In July, the Company was the sole cannabis company to participate in the XLIV International Course of Internal Medicine conference in Monterrey, Mexico. The conference hosted over 2,000 physicians and medical specialists to discuss medical cannabis developments and knowledge.
Last updated: September, 2019
- Alvaro Torres
- Wendy Kaufman
- Chris Naprawa
Why We Love it
We think Khiron knows where the puck is going. At a time when its competition is focusing on Europe, the company is targeting the budding Latin American market.
As its President, Chris Naprawa, said: “Do I want to be the 125th LP competing for exports into Germany? Or do I want to be the dominant player in a 620-million-person market?” Having spent years in Colombia, the company knows the landscape. Khiron offers cannabis-infused cosmeceuticals in a region where beauty products are in extremely high-demand. Inkwood Research found the Latin American beauty product market was worth $60 billion in 2017.
The company has already established itself in Mexico, Colombia, Chile and Peru. With access to nearly 68 million potential patients already, Khiron has the potential to dominate the emerging Latin American cannabis sphere.
Khiron Life Sciences
T: +1 416-705-1144
GRIT Capital CEO
T: +1 416-428-3533