Hemptown is growing 1,500 acres of high-grade “feminized hemp” in Oregon (northern tip of The Emerald Triangle) as well as Colorado and Kentucky.
Feminised hemp comes from genetically altered seeds. Typically, they produce more medically active substances such CBD and CGB, than a male plant.
In the next three days, about 35,000 attendees will flow through the doors of MJBizCon to learn about the business objectives of 1,300 exhibitors.
This year, the Keynote Speaker is Marc Randolph, founder of a little streaming company called Netflix (NFLX.NASDAQ). Randolph – a seasoned angel investor – will advise cannabis entrepreneurs how to get over people telling you “that will never work.”
Hemptown USA – a subsidiary of Hemptown Organics Corp – has biomass from which it is planning to maximize profits by distilling the hemp into full-spectrum CBD and “CBG crude”. The company’s objective is to be one of the largest producers of CBG in North America.
According to a well-researched article by Jacqueline Havelka on Leafly.com, “CBG is a powerful vasodilator that has neuroprotective effects” while also showing “great promise as a cancer fighter.”
Havelka is literally a “a rocket scientist turned writer”.
“CBG has been found to act on very specific physiological systems and problems, and results for medicinal use are promising,” writes Havelka, “Endocannabinoid receptors are prevalent in eye structures, and interestingly, CBG is thought to be particularly effective in treating glaucoma because it reduces intraocular pressure.”
Hemptown’s new product lineup includes the Hemptown CBG Tincture, the Hemptown Salve Balm, and an assortment of capsules designed for a variety of uses.
- The Hemptown CBG Tincture – a 1-ounce container (30 mL) package that contains 250 mg CBG and 1,250 mg CBD and has a fresh wintergreen flavor.
- The Hemptown CBG Salve Balm – contains 750 mg CBD and 250 mg CBG per 2-oz. unit.
- Hemptown Calm Caps – 30 capsules containing 25 mg CBG and 50 mg CBD (both full-spectrum) with calming herbal ingredients including ashwagandha and GABA.
- Strength Caps – 30 capsules containing 25 mg CBG and 50 mg CBD (both full-spectrum) combined with restorative herbal ingredients like turmeric and ginger root extracts.
- Sleep Caps – 30 capsules containing 25 mg CBG and 50 mg CBD (both full-spectrum) paired with soothing herbal ingredients like melatonin and passionflower extract.
- Immuno Caps – 30 capsules containing 25 mg CBG and 50 mg CBD (both full-spectrum) with herbal immune boosters including echinacea and elderberry fruit extract.
The above products are now available on Hemptown USA’s website, along with Hemptown Chew gum, a consumer SKU that contains the highest levels of hemp-derived CBD and CBG cannabinoids available on the market.
These new products represent the first Hemptown SKUs to come out of Kirkman Group, an established nutraceutical manufacturer acquired by Hemptown in July.
The transaction included all of Kirkman’s management team, production equipment, formulations, proprietary IP, current sales channels, and fulfillment centers.
Kirkman’s Key Features:
- Fully operational FDA licensed, cGMP 25,000 sq. ft. nutraceutical manufacturing facility, with over 1,200 SOPs.
- 70 years of supplying world class formulations for children with autism and special needs
- Existing $6 million annual revenue
- Revenues are expanding.
- Former owner and Chairman David Humphreys, a board member on the American Academy of Cannabinoid Medicine (AACM), will assist in liaising with the community of doctors who focus on cannabinoid medicine.
- Facility is comprised of state-of-the-art formulations and equipment to facilitate precision dosage CBD & CBG liquid fill tinctures, creams and topicals, gel caps, and gums/edibles.
- Key Kirkland management and technical team will be retained.
- Hemptown anticipates a seamless transition to fast-track CBD/CBG product formulations into wholesale, retail and on-line markets.
This acquisition gives Hemptown immediate entry into the Consumer-Packaged Goods space.
In two years, Hemptown has grown grew from a 50-acre cultivation operation in Oregon to 1,500 acres in three states where planting, harvesting and drying of over 2 million pounds of CBG and CBD industrial hemp were successfully completed.
Hemptown’s Oregon operation has positioned the company as one of the largest single cultivators of high-quality CBG in North America.
In this weirdly hypnotic video (narrated by the great Sam Elliot? Or a sound-alike.) Hemptown lays out its vision.
“Our new line of CBG-infused products further advances Hemptown’s leadership position in the hemp industry,” stated Michael Townsend, president and co-founder, Hemptown USA, “We look forward to being the gold standard in CBG-based products and rolling out even more products in 2020 as part of our Kirkman acquisition.
The company is now fully capable of producing white label products for third parties and fulfilling bulk orders for CBG and CBD crude oil, distillates, isolates and water-soluble solutions.
Hemptown is currently a private company. We expect them to go public in the future. You are now in the loop. We will keep you here.
– Lukas Kane
Full Disclosure: Hemptown Organics is an Equity Guru marketing client, and Chris Parry has participated in several early financing rounds.