Just before GTEC Holdings (GTEC.V) went public, Equity Guru’s Chris Parry summarised GTEC like this: “GTEC’s growers are genuinely small batch, artisan guys. They haven’t come to market with a ‘We’re going to have the biggest greenhouse in the world’ play.
They’re coming to market with this play:
- We already have a grow license.
- We have four other late-stage applicants we expect to secure grow licenses.
- If any don’t, we’ll roll them into one that does and apply for an expansion rather than a fresh license.
- We’re running this like a winery. Quality is everything.
“That means keeping costs low, margins high, and not fighting with every other LP for that sweet Ontario Liquor Board deal that wants a lot of weed cheap and quick. Rather, they’re offering something people will look for.”
In the last 2 years, GTEC has built an expansive portfolio of cannabis companies, includes 100% ownership of: Alberta Craft Cannabis, Grey Bruce Farms, Tumbleweed Farms, GreenTech Bio-Pharmaceuticals, Zen Lab and Spectre Labs.
In this wide-ranging interview, Norton Singhavon, the CEO of GTEC Holdings speaks with Equity.Guru’s Guy Bennett about GTEC’s “Build it, don’t buy it” expansion strategy.
Full Disclosure: GTEC Holdings is an Equity.Guru marketing client.Disclaimer: ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH and consult with a licensed investment professional before making an investment. This communication should not be used as a basis for making any investment.
Latest posts by Lukas Kane (see all)
- CopperBank (CBK.C): a beautiful copper-mine canary jerks back to life - November 13, 2019
- CLS Holdings (CLSH.C) is now a multi-state “adult use” cannabis operator - November 7, 2019
- Westleaf (WL.V) receives a $740,000 white label order for 3-month supply of vape pens - November 4, 2019